Thursday 13 June 2013

Sinner Thursdays - Nigella Lawson's Nutella Cheesecake


I don't think that Nigella Lawson's recipe for Nutella Cheesecake really calls for any introduction when it looks like this:

Nigella Lawson cheesecake

I mean, what more convincing do you need?

With a soft, crumbly biscuit and hazelnut base, topped with a gooey cream cheese and Nutella middle, then scattered with toasted nuts, it really is a chocoholic's dream.

nigella nutella cake

In fact, every mouthful is heaven in a bite.

nigella lawson cake recipe

Super easy and fast to make (what a wonder no-bake cheesecakes are!), this has become one of my fail-safe "dinner party" recipes, one which I pull out and serve to guests time and time again.

Spectacularly tasty and utterly delectable, this Nutella Cheesecake never fails to impress. And despite being incredibly rich, I promise that you will not be able to resist it (sorry girls, bikini bodies are going to have to wait a while)

Each time I whip this up, I always try and cut myself a slither, than fail drastically. I end up eating about half of it in one sitting. It's just too tasty for my own good...

What are your fail-safe dinner party recipes?

Sam x

NIGELLA LAWSON'S NUTELLA CHEESECAKE


nutella cheesecake

Ingredients

250g digestives
75g soft unsalted butter
400g Nutella (I used my homemade version, click here for the recipe)
100g chopped toasted hazelnuts
500g full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
60g icing sugar

Method

1) Place the digestives, butter and a tablespoon full of Nutella into the food processor, then blitz until it starts to come together. Add three tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to blend until you have a moist, sandy mixture. Tip the biscuit base into a 9 inch springform tin, smoothing over and pressing down until tight. Chill. 

2) While the base is chilling, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar with an electric whisk until smooth. Add the remaining Nutella and beat til combined.

3) Pour the Nutella mixture over the chilled base, smoothing with a spatula. Scatter the remaining hazelnuts across the top to decorate, like this:

nigella lawson cheesecake recipe

4) Leave to chill in the fridge for at least four hours, or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge and enjoy...

nigella lawson chocolate recipe