Wednesday 12 June 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - A Christening


One glorious, sunny weekend, I had the honour of becoming a godparent for the first time. Never in my wildest (youthful) dreams did I imagine that someone would believe me responsible enough to care for their gorgeous little girl, but they did, and boy was I proud!

Of course, this presented me with a dilemma - what do you wear to a christening?

I obviously needed a new dress. New shoes, too. I couldn't let my new goddaughter down, right?

Thankfully, my very own super stylist Teresa came to my rescue. Having written this fantastic "What to Wear to a Summer Wedding 2013" post just a few days before, I fell in love with this Paper Dolls dress at ASOS, for the bargain price of £58.

Floral, bodycon and ultra flattering on my curves, I knew I couldn't go wrong, especially after seeing the lovely Katie Phipps looking smoking in it. Add in my favourite arm candy (my son, Zayn), and I was ready to go!


Keeping the outfit pretty simple, I also wore:

These jewelled teardrop earrings, also from ASOS and an utter bargain at £6.

My favourite nude Louboutin Pigalle courts, although I later changed into these strappy sandals from Zara, since they were much easier to walk in on a slippy church floor!



So, there you have it. One real show-stopper of a dress which I guarantee will flatter any woman and make you feel va-va-voom!

I'm going to rock it at all of this summer's weddings, and a few other Christenings I have too.

What have you been wearing lately?

Sam x

After reading all about it on the fabulous Mummys Got Style, we are linking up to Transatlantic Blonde’s What I Wore Wednesday.