Friday 10 April 2015

Key Lime Pie Squares (Paleo, Dairy-Free)


This is quite possibly one of the most insanely delicious recipes I have ever had the joy to create.

In fact, it is so delicious that I made it twice. In two days.

Key Lime Pie is one of my favourite puddings, so it was only natural that I decided to recreate it in a healthier, lighter way. My Raw Key Lime Pie Squares are the result - and they taste insane! Made using avocado for extra creaminess (trust me, it works) and coconut oil to keep things dairy-free, they're about as good as healthy gets.


Made with a crunchy, nutty cacao base, and then topped with this zesty, creamy filling, they're the perfect spring-time treat. I mean, look at them - how can you go wrong?

Even my toddler is in love with these, and he's the fussiest eater on the planet!


I hope you enjoy these every bit as much as I do,

Sam x

RAW KEY LIME PIE SQUARES


Ingredients:
For the base:
200g cashews
50g medjool dates, soaked for two hours
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Creative Nature cacao
2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch Himalayan salt

For the filling:
4 ripe Haas avocados, stoned and skin removed
Juice 4-5 limes (to taste)
Zest 6 limes
4.5 tbsp honey
4 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
Small handful cashew nuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop Go Nutrition Key Lime protein (optional)
1 tsp Organic Burst Spirulina to colour

Method:

1) Line a loaf tin with baking paper, then blend the base ingredients until they form a sticky dough. Press into the base of the tin, then place in the freezer to set.

2) To make the filling, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Spread over the base, then place in the freezer to set for at least a few hours. Before serving, remove from the freezer for around 15 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature, then cut into squares and enjoy.