Wednesday 14 August 2013

What Hat To Wear To A Wedding


I was asked the other week where to shop for a hat for a wedding guest. And to be honest with you, I really had not got a clue. The first thing I did advise was PLEASE don't wear a fascinator or an old-fashioned hat which only mayoresses wear.

I then started hunting on the high street and it quickly became evident that the departmental stores had the most choice. Today I thought I would share with you some of my finds; so if you are going to a wedding or maybe visiting the Queen for afternoon tea, then here's my top picks:




If wearing a hat is not something you feel comfortable with then don't be afraid to wear some fresh flowers in your hair, they can look really pretty and I am still a massive fan of floral crowns or headbands even if the festival folk have worn them to death.

And remember you don't have to wear anything in your hair, Samantha Cameron went hatless when she attended the big royal wedding in 2011, there really isn't a dress code which makes it compulsory. But if you want to wear a hat then a wedding is one occasion you can certainly go for it.

I'd love to see some pics of you wearing your hats, please feel free to share your photos on our Facebook page.

Happy Wedding Wednesday


Teresa x