Thursday 22 August 2013

Sinner Thursdays - White Chocolate, Cherry and Pistachio Fridge Cakes


Last week, I was craving chocolate, and lots of it.

I considered making myself a big, fat chocolate cake, oozing ganache and cream, but you know what? I really couldn't be bothered. I was feeling lazy.

So instead, I whipped up these White Chocolate, Cherry and Pistachio Fridge Cakes, adapted from the Sainsbury's magazine.



In less than 20 minutes, I had made these little delights and was already scoffing them down over a cup of tea with my best friend.

I love how pretty they look but, most of all, I love how scrumptious they taste. I'm not usually a fan of white chocolate (too sweet for me!) but, when combined with the juicy cherries and the crunch of the pistachios and shortbread, this really, really works.



I adore fridge cake recipes when I'm feeling lazy, and this is such an easy recipe that it's fantastic to bake with kids - you just may need to hide it from them afterwards so you get your share!

Sam x


WHITE CHOCOLATE, CHERRY AND PISTACHIO FRIDGE CAKE

white chocolate cake

Ingredients:

600g white chocolate (the cheaper, the better - it seems to melt easier!)
2 tbsp honey
10 chopped shortbread biscuits
100g glace cherries, chopped
90g shelled and chopped pistachios


Method:

1) In the 30 second blasts, melt the white chocolate and honey in the microwave, stirring well in between.

2) Stir in your added extras, then pour into a lined Brownie tin. Leave to set in the fridge, then chop into squares.

pistachio cake