Tuesday 30 July 2013

Saintly Tuesdays - Avocado and Corn Chowder AND Easy Guacamole


All the way through my pregnancy, I craved avocados. All I wanted to eat, day and night, was avocado - I wanted avo mayo spread on toast, Guacamole to dip my veggies in and huge chunks of avocado to eat with my smoked salmon (my other craving) and scrambled eggs come breakfast.

I would literally be doing a supermarket dash on a daily basis, solely to keep myself stocked up on ready-ripe avocados.

Anyway, I wish that I had discovered this recipe for dairy-free Avocado and Corn Chowder back then, because I can guarantee that I would have pretty much LIVED off it.

Avocado and Corn Chowder


OK, so it may not be the prettiest of meals, but it is wonderfully light and tasty to eat. Simple to prepare and ridiculously healthy, this has become my favourite (baby's too!) summer lunch - just serve with some freshly grilled prawns for the perfect healthy meal.

Oh, and the best bit? It's easy peasy to adapt into a guacamole too...

Enjoy,

Sam x

P.S Thanks to Izzy's Attic for gifting me their gorgeous Japanese Blossom bowls to serve up in!



AVOCADO AND CORN CHOWDER AND EASY GUACAMOLE

Easy Guacamole

Ingredients:

(Serves 4)
2 ripe avocados
2 small tins of sweetcorn
2 cups almond milk (or, if making guacamole, a splash of almond milk)
1 tsp of paprika
Juice half of a lime
Black pepper

Method:

1) Scoop out the flesh of the avocados, then tip into a mixing bowl with the drained sweetcorn. Blitz to a smooth puree, then pour in the almond milk. Stir until well combined.

2) Squeeze in the lime juice to taste, then sprinkle over the paprika, and pepper. Stir again until combined, then pour into bowls and serve up.