Friday 5 April 2013

A Very Wearable Friday's High Street Hitlist


I don't know about you guys, but Teresa and I are finding it ridiculously hard to find clothes on the high street which we actually like right now. No, scrap that - clothes which we can actually wear.

We are tired of the 90s fashion which the stores are chock-full of at the moment (check out Teresa's fab Not Into This post here), especially since I live by the rule that if you wore it the first time round, you don't wear it again! It's depressing as this is the first time it's happened to me, and I'm feeling OLD. Consigned to the scrap heap at the age of 27.

Anyway, the other shops are simply stocked with pretty floral camisoles and flippy mini skirts. How do I wear them in minus temperatures?!

With that in mind, I have scoured the high street to bring you some wonderful, wearable pieces. It means that this week's list is a little more pared-back than usual, but I guarantee that pretty much everyone can work these pieces into their wardrobes.

My picks of the week? Everything at H+M and French Connection's divine spring bloom collection. I hope you like them just as much as I do!

Sam x




Usually my favourite shop of them all, Topshop has been number one enemy with its 90s-inspired gear. Here are my favourite picks that you can wear, and you can style them up however you like.

MOTO Blonde Leigh skinny jeans, £38


Kylie Strippy shoes, £75
Lightweight duster coat, £79
Three colour block shirt, £34
Silk Cami, £42 by Boutique 


I must admit, it's been a long time since I fell head over heels for anything in Zara. But I am loving this green satchel bag - and what a bargain it is too! Perfect for pepping up those boyfriend jeans.
Round neck coat, £69.99
Halter neck dress, £25.99

Concertina messenger bag, £25.99
Silk kimono, £29.99

Flat metal sandal, £22.99

ASOS is massively trend-led, so perhaps it's no surprise that they are one of the worst for 90s-inspired street style. However, I adore this Marc by Marc Jacobs watch, and the Whistles maxi skirt is a must for my holiday wardrobe...

Whistles safari leopard maxi skirt, £110

Whistles Charlie skinny jean, £80
Vero Moda drawstring waist dress, £14

High waisted skinny trousers, £25

Marc by Marc Jacobs watch, £229

Metallic clutch, £20
Spike triangle necklace, £30


The bags at & Other Stories are simply to die for, and these clutches will make anyone stand out from the crowd. How fab is the sunset print bag? Just the ticket for making any dress spring-worthy!

Leather pumps, £95
Chain ring, £7
Leather mini bag, £39
Leather foldout clutch, £79
Sunrise print clutch, £19



H&M launched its Conscious Exclusive collection this week, which has not failed to disappoint. How fab is this white tux? I also adore the leather boots, while the embellished sweater needs a home in my wardrobe too...
Conscious Collection satin dress, £34.99
Grosgrain suit, from £29.99
Nude sandals, £29.99
Jacket, £199.99
Leather boots, £69.99
Embellished sweater, £29.99



It seems I have a thing for printed watches this week, and this globe number is my latest arm candy crush.
Globe leather watch, £26


Oasis - the high street go-to for pretty-as-a-picture dresses. I love the retro shirt dress, while the jacquard piece below will look perfect with bronzed pins for any spring or summer weddings you happen to attend.
Jacquard dress, £68
Tux jacket, £65
Embroidered sleeveless shirt, £35
Retro shirt dress, £40


How blooming (sorry, love a pun!) fab is this printed mini skirt? I'll be wearing mine with a white tee and tan sandals come summer...

Floral mini skirt, £95
Cut flower heels, £189

1971 Sissley off-white shift, £139

Misa sheer knit, £79





I LOVE this spring bloom collection and I seriously want it all! How pretty? Very Mad Men, very retro, very cool, very me...
Spring bloom flared skirt, £65
Spring bloom flared shirt dress, £89
Sable striped jacket, £250