Tuesday 24 September 2013

Saintly Tuesdays - No-Bake Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookie Dough


I adore searching Pinterest for healthy recipe inspiration, and this No-Bake Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookie Dough which I've adapted from FitSugar immediately grabbed my attention.

You all know how much I adore my PB, but I'm also a lot of a cookie dough addict. Seriously, whenever I bake cookies, I end up eating half the dough before the rest has even reached the oven.

However, this is a guilt-free version. Created using the wondrous chickpea (such a versatile food - have you ever tried Chickpea Blondies? Delicious!), this is a great source of protein and fibre and perfect for lifting your mood mid-afternoon.

This tastes delicious served with chopped apple slices (never tried apple, smothered in peanut butter? Do it!), or just enjoyed with a spoon. Dig in!

Sam x


NO-BAKE CHICKPEA PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH

Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

Ingredients:

170g chickpeas, drained and patted dry
90g natural peanut butter (I love Meridian)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
Handful good-quality dark chocolate chips


Method:

1) Blitz together the chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla and maple syrup in a blender or food processor until it reaches a smooth texture. Remove and tip into a bowl, then stir through the chocolate chips. Serve and enjoy!