Thursday 11 July 2013

Sinner Thursdays - Oreo Banana Split Bites


Just look at these Oreo Banana Split Bites

Don't they make you drool? Don't you just want to gobble them up?

Oreo Banana Splits

Oreo recipes

At first, I was a bit hesitant about posting this recipe because there is no skill involved. No baking, nothing - the only hard part comes in separating the Oreo cookies!

Yet this recipe from I Heart Eating is so utterly delicious and has received so many compliments that I just couldn't resist sharing them with you. I mean, who would turn down an Oreo cookie anyway (both Teresa and I are addicted to Oreo recipes, like these homemade truffles and the ultimate - Oreo brownies), let alone one sandwiched with frozen banana "ice cream", Nutella, peanut butter or salted caramel? Not me, that's for sure.

Oreo Banana Split Bites

Anyway, these Oreo Banana Splits are perfect to make if you have guests to entertain this summer. They're easy peasy to make and can be whipped up well advance, leaving you with plenty of time to tend to BBQs or to rush around the house with a hoover. We've all been there, right?

Now, be prepared to impress...

Sam x

OREO BANANA SPLITS

Oreo and Nutella recipes

Ingredients

12 Oreos
One jar or Nutella / Peanut Butter / Salted Caramel Sauce (or all three!)
One large banana, chopped
Chopped nuts
Sprinkles

Method

1) Separate Oreo halves by twisting gently, then spread your chosen topping on the cream half.

2) Place the sliced banana on top, then sandwich with the other Oreo half. Being careful not to break the biscuits (trust me, I did this a LOT), roll sides in sprinkles or nut.

3) Place on a lined tray or in a muffin tin and freeze. Serve straight from the freezer and enjoy!


Recipe adapted from I Heart Eating.