Tuesday 2 July 2013

Saintly Tuesdays - Healthy Peanut Butter Cups


It's a fact that chocolate and peanut butter is one of the world's greatest combinations.

It's up there with salt and pepper, fish and chips, mac and cheese, women and shoes, trashy magazines and bubble bath...you get the picture.

Anyway, I really do not think that you can beat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups as one of the ultimate treats. With creamy peanut butter stuffed into a rich milk chocolate cup, it is pretty much food heaven.

Actually, scrap that. It is sex in a bite. Sorry, but it's true.

If, like me, you crave Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but hate the fact that they're loaded with rubbish and dodgy refined sugars, then you are going to LOVE me forever. I have come up with one of my all-time favourite recipes, featuring Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

peanut butter recipe

healthy peanut recipe


Only, it gets better. I've created HEALTHY Peanut Butter Cups which taste just as scrumptious as the originals! And with only four ingredients - including my favourite Lucy Bee coconut oil and natural peanut butter - there's nothing dodgy and no refined rubbish. Only pure, honest, healthy goodness.

My only command? Go and make these NOW. You can thank me for it later,

Sam x

HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS


peanut butter cup recipe


Ingredients:

(Makes 12)
300g natural peanut butter, smooth (I used homemade. Click here for the recipe)
180g honey
2 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
200g dark chocolate

Method:

1) Line two 6-hole muffin trays with silicone cases (you can use regular muffin cases, but I find silicone cases helps you to slide the Cups out at the end).

2) Melt together the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a microwave and stir until combined. Pour evenly into the muffin cases, then freeze to set.

3) When the peanut butter cups are set, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second blasts, stirring in between each. Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the peanut butter and place in the fridge to set.

4) Leave in the fridge until you are ready to serve (they melt at room temperature), then eat and enjoy.