Tuesday 23 July 2013

Saintly Tuesdays - Coconut Chia Chocolate Pudding


Nothing makes me happier than when something healthy tastes scrumptious. And I mean really, really scrumptious. Lip-smackingly good.

I mean, a bar of Dairy Milk is all well and good, but I feel almost smug as I sit there grinning, chocolate smeared around my face, safe in the knowledge that what I'm eating is healthy.

Anyway, when I was very kindly sent some gorgeous Japanese Blossom Bowls from online boutique Izzy's Attic to review, I knew exactly what I wanted to make to test them out. This recipe for Coconut Chia Chocolate Pudding has quickly become one of my new favourites. In fact, I would happily eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all my snacks in between. It's that good.

Coconut Chia Chocolate Pudding


I find it incredible that this creamy, chocolatey pud could ever be dairy and gluten-free, as well as being free from refined sugar, but it is. And I'm pretty happy about that.

By now, you all know about my coconut addiction, and Chia Seeds are right up there. As a fantastic source of Omega-3, fibre and protein, they are a great addition to any diet - simply stir into smoothies, porridge or yoghurt and stay full for hours!


Coconut Chia recipe


I find it incredible that this creamy, chocolatey pud could ever be dairy and gluten-free, as well as being free from refined sugar, but it is. And I'm pretty happy about that.

By now, you all know about my coconut addiction, and Chia Seeds are right up there. As a fantastic source of Omega-3, fibre and protein, they are a great addition to any diet - simply stir into smoothies, porridge or yoghurt and stay full for hours!

Anyway, this Chia Chocolate Pudding couldn't be easier to make. Simply mix up all the ingredients and leave in your fridge for four hours, or overnight...it's that simple. I do spoil you, don't I?

Sam x


COCONUT CHIA CHOCOLATE PUDDING

(Serves 1)

Chia pudding

Ingredients:
200ml almond or coconut milk
1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp desiccated (and unsweetened coconut)
1 tsp vanilla

Method:
1) Place ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Pour into jars or dessert bowls, then place in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.

2) Serve and enjoy!