Tuesday 11 June 2013

Saintly Tuesdays - Molten Chocolate Protein Cake


Would you believe me if I told you that this Molten Chocolate Protein Cake had no sugar, no nasties and nothing bad for you at all?



With a deliciously moist chocolate cake and a thick, gooey, molten chocolate centre, it just can't be good for you, can it?

Can it?

Well, yes, it can...


This delicious looking pud looks all kinds of bad, yet is crammed full of goodies - there's plenty of protein, antioxidants and an awful lot of good fats. You have almond milk (because you want your skin to glow, right?), protein powder, unsweetened cocoa, natural peanut butter and, my latest favourite, Coconut Oil.

Add in a splash of water and vanilla extract, and you're done.

See, I told you there was nothing bad.

When I first made this on Saturday morning, I had intended it to be a bit of an experiment. I genuinely had no idea that it would come out this heart-stoppingly yummy. In fact, hubby genuinely thought I was serving him Chocolate Fondant for breakfast...

Anyway, if you're craving chocolate, cake or anything else just a little bit bad, yet you want that bikini body (I'm on a mission to get me a dancer's body like this), then this Molten Chocolate Protein Cake is the one for you.

It also happens to be spectacularly easy to make. What have you got to lose? Just save me some too...

Sam x


MOLTEN CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CAKE


Ingredients:

(SERVES 2)

2 scoops protein powder (I used My Protein's Elle Chocolate Shake)
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
4 tbsp almond milk
4 tbsp of water (for a twist, substitute one of the tbsp for freshly brewed coffee)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

1) Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.

2) Pour into ramekins, then microwave for around 60 seconds (I used an 850W microwave and kept checking from 60 seconds, so you may need to adjust according to your microwave)

3) Serve up and enjoy!