Tuesday 25 June 2013

Natural Beauty Heaven - Big Green Smile


For the past year or so, I have become a real devotee of green, natural beauty products. After reading incredibly knowledgable beauty blogs such as the Beauty Shortlist - and being lucky enough to try some of the very best natural products out there - I now refuse to put anything on my face unless I know and recognise the ingredients.

I like being able to understand exactly what I'm slathering on to my skin, without having to worry about the side effects of nasties like Parabens, mineral oils and skin-irritating SLSs. I don't put junk into the rest of my body, so why would I rub it onto my face?

While not all the way there - I cannot bear to give up my beloved YSL lippy - I'm doing pretty well, and I know that so many of you feel the same way!
My latest green-fingered discovery is a real natural beauty lover's paradise. Containing some of the biggest and best organic brands out there, Big Green Smile is an online emporium chock full of all my beauty favourites.


Yup. Welcome to my new addiction.

From brands such as Dr Hauschka, Neal's Yard Remedies and Weleda to brilliant products I hadn't yet had the pleasure to test, BGS really is a dream. I passed a good hour simply perusing all the products on offer and reading about some of the smaller companies out there, and I could have easily spent a whole lot longer.


In fact, when it came to actually ordering, I found myself with around £300 worth of products in my basket. Oops...

In the end, I plumped for some Dr Hauschka (I couldn't resist the lure of Hauschka) and decided to try some brands I hadn't tested before - the very impressive Jason (a cleanser and a conditioner - more on these another time as I LOVE!), an Organic Surge face mask and some Yes to Carrots lip tints. I even managed to stock up on some healthy baby snacks for Zayn!


I was also tempted by the beautiful collection of Kure nail varnishes (especially this one, in Cashmere) but managed to resist. For now...

Just a day after ordering, my parcel arrived (very efficient, very impressive!) and I was delighted with each product I had ordered. I will definitely be stocking up again at BGS.

What would you buy?

Sam x