Wednesday 19 June 2013

Afternoon Bliss With Higher Living Teas


Every afternoon, around 3 or 4pm, I put baby down for a nap, then curl up on the sofa with a steaming mug of tea and a stack of magazines.

This is my favourite part of the day, the only time I let myself put down the laptop and ignore the piles of ironing and dusty shelves. It's my much-needed "me time".

If I'm feeling in need of a energy boost (usually always) I might throw in my Molten Chocolate Protein Cake, or if I've had a really bad day, then my magazines will be ditched for an online shopping spree.

Only one thing remains the same - I need my tea.

From my regular ol' PG Tips to Chai lattes or healthy matcha tea, I like to mix it up every day. So you can imagine my delight when I was asked to test out some super luxe Higher Living herbal teas.

Described as the "Rolls Royce of tea" and one of the only tea producers still in Britain, Higher Living is spearheading a herbal tea renaissance. With 20 organic infusions to choose from, Higher Living is a tea lover's dream, with  ranges from the traditional Earl Grey and Green Tea, all the way through to contemporary blends such as Hibiscus Bliss and Ginger Kick.


As a big fan of the weird and wonderful, I jumped at the chance to try the brand's Sweet Chilli and Vitality blends.

The Sweet Chilli tea - my absolute favourite - is gently spiced and has a real warmth and depth to it. Containing natural chilli, cocoa, liquorice and a blend of spices, it is absolutely delicious and slightly addictive. The subtle kick means that if you find herbal teas bland, then this one is for you!

Meanwhile, the Vitality tea is perfect for those mornings where you're feeling sluggish and just want to hide beneath the duvet. Or every morning, right?


A zesty infusion of orange peel, green mate, warm all-spice and cinnamon, this delicate tea is instantly revitalising, making it perfect for mid-afternoon lulls.

All in all, I am thrilled to have added Higher Living to my ever-growing tea collection. Priced from £1.99, it is available to buy from most good supermarkets or on the company's website here.

What tea tickles your fancy?

Sam x