Sunday 19 May 2013

Heaven on your Doorstep - Selfridges Summer Beauty Box


When I arrived home on Friday, I did a little girly squeal and a huge jig in my porch. I had all the neighbours staring, but I didn't care because I came home to this:




Yes, I was lucky enough to find the mother of all beauty boxes, the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box, right on my very doorstep.

I instantly morphed into an overgrown child at Christmas as I tore into the package. Laden with goodies which any beauty junkie will adore, it is summer pampering heaven and, I think, Selfridges' best box yet yet.

Here's what it contains:

- Aqua Splash Tangle Teezer
- Models Own Neon Nail Varnish
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray 50ml
- Molton Brown Aqua Shower Gel 100ml
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir 30ml
- St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion 50ml
- Jane Tran Hair Clips
- Erborian BB Cream 12ml
- Lancaster After Sun 40ml
- St. Tropez exclusive in-store offer card


Fab, right?

Priced at £25, the box contains nine beauty must-haves with a combined value of £70. You can get your name down for a Summer Beauty Box by clicking here - it's due to launch this week, so be sure to get in the queue now!

So, how do the products measure up?

The neon Models Own varnish instantly caught my eye, but as a HUGE Tangle Teezer fan, I was particularly excited to test the Aqua Splash Tangle Teezer brush, and it did not disappoint. Even after a long swim, it glided through my hair, making this the perfect brush to stow in your beach bag ready for long days soaking up the sun. 

Another favourite of mine, Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, also found its way into the box, in a nifty 50ml travel size. This salt spray is brilliant for creating that Aussie beach goddess look - think perfectly tousled, beachy waves - and, thanks to the small size, I can take it with me when I go on holiday next month. Wahoo!

Beloved by Victoria Beckham, the Caudalie Beauty Elixir is definitely another highlight. Inspired by the "elixir of youth", this little wonder smoothes features, tightens pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance. It's a fab base for make-up, but I've been using it to reawaken and reenergise skin throughout the day.

I have also fallen head-over-heels with the Erborian BB Cream, which is renowned for leaving your skin as beautiful as a baby's. Ultra light and super hydrating, this is one serious complexion enhancer. To add to my glow, I will also be using the St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion and the renowned Lancaster Tan Maximiser - I will be a surf goddess, I will!

What are you looking forward to getting your mitts on?

Sam x

P.S While you're on the Selfridges website, be sure to have a splurge - some of the beauty gift sets are truly brilliant. Go on, you deserve it!