Thursday 16 May 2013

Festival Fashion - Do the Hippie Shake


I've always, always wanted to be a festival girl. Always.

You know, one of the achingly hip crowd at Coachella, floating about in flowing maxi dresses or hot pants, band tees, studded ankle boots and crochet waistcoats. Or perhaps Kate Moss at Glastonbury, all dishevelled hair, battered denim shorts, Hunter wellies and a sweater slung artfully around her waist.



Everyone wants to look this effortless and nonchalant, right?

My only problem with festivals is that I'm terrified of camping. You see, when I was a small girl (actually, Girl Guide, but it sounds better if I fib), I was happily snuggled into my tent when, all of a sudden, a sheep legged it in and head butted my sleeping bag. Yep, really...a sheep! In the middle of the night. Surely that would put anyone off camping?

Anyway, for those of you who, like me, love the festival look but don't quite make it, then why not pretend in one of this season's incredible embellished, ethnic jackets?

Featuring in-your-face prints, various textures and fabrics, pretty embellishment and fringing and pom poms, they are festival season in a jacket. Team with hot pants and ankle boots for that couldn't-care-less look, or pare with your favourite skinnies and courts for a smart daytime look.

Here's our pick of this season's boho jackets...


Hippie Shake


Clockwise, from top left:

And if you're not feeling brave enough to plunge head-first into the boho trend, why not ease yourself in with an ethnic clutch or accessory, like this fab bag from Zara?
Patchwork and embroidered wallet, £39.99, Zara

Now, go forth, shop and enjoy!

Sam x