Thursday 18 April 2013

Thursday Treats - White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies



Now that we have had a week or so of sunshine and balmy temperatures (I say balmy, but I actually mean above freezing), my sweet tooth has moved on to lighter, fruitier puddings.

So, for now, my peanut butter fixation is a thing of the past and I am embracing all things healthy. Actually, that is a lie - in reality, I am obsessing about summer berries served up with a lot of white chocolate, but these Blondies count as one of my five a day, right?

Anyway, my White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies are deliciously light and moreish, and had both hubby and I going back for seconds, thirds and, yep, fourths. We are greedy beings at heart.

white chocolate blondies


Like their sister pud, the Brownie, these Blondies are wonderfully gooey, but with none of that insane richness. Basically, they give you a sweet dose of chocolate, but with not quite so much of the guilt.

I would imagine that this recipe would work just as well without the raspberries, but I love the sweetness that the berries lend to this. Just be sure to serve up each bite with a huge mug of tea - everything is better with tea in your hand.

I hope that you love this recipe just as much as I do!

Sam x

WHITE CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY BLONDIES

blondie recipe


INGREDIENTS

220g white chocolate, chopped
100g chocolate chips
220g sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract
120g unsalted butter
150g flour
2 eggs
Large pinch of salt
One punnet of raspberries


METHOD

1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees, then line a Brownie tin. Melt the butter and white chocolate in a bain marie over a gentle heat, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.

2) Take an electric mixer and beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the sugar and vanilla, then drizzle in the white chocolate and butter. Combine the flour and salt, then fold into the wet mixture.

3) Stir in the raspberries and chocolate chips, then pour the mixture into the brownie tin. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Leave to cool before slicing into squares.