Thursday 11 April 2013

Super Easy Snickers Rocky Roads


Oh, do I have a treat in store for you today.

A super chocolately, chewy, chunky treat in the form of Snickers Rocky Road bars. I told you I'd be back to blogging chocolate this week, didn't I?

For those of you who don't know, I am absolutely addicted to peanuts in any which way, so Not Quite Nigella's twist on Rocky Roads was right up my street.

marshmallow rocky road


The Not Quite Nigella blog is my latest obsession, and I think I'm pretty much going to work my way through her entire baking archives. Just check it out - how divine do some of these goodies look?!

Anyway, back to this week's treat...

The roasted peanuts and chopped Snickers bars add a delicious crunch to traditional Rocky Roads, while there is also a lovely salty hit with every sweet bite. The fact that is super easy to whip up and sets in just 20 minutes only adds to its appeal - I mean, what's not to love?

In fact, I am so in love with this recipe that I will be baking another batch this weekend. Don't expect me to save you any, though...

Sam x

Not Quite Nigella's Snickers Rocky Road

rocky road recipe

Ingredients:

375 milk chocolate (I upped it to 400g, just because I like chocolate)
200g roasted unsalted peanuts
6 full sized Snickers bars
225g bag of marshmallows (I used mini marshmallows)

Method:

1) Line a brownie tin, then chop up two of the Snickers bars, set aside, then chop the rest of the bars. 

2) Using a bain marie (or a microwave, if you're lazy), gently melt the chocolate with the two Snickers bars. It won't fully melt, but it will partially melt. 

3) While the chocolate is melting, cut the marshmallows (if you're not using mini ones), then place in a mixing bowl with the roasted, unsalted peanuts and remaining four Snickers bars.

snicker recipe


4) Once your chocolate has melted, stir it into the peanut and marshmallow mixture so that all of the pieces are coated in chocolate, then spoon into the lined tray. Refrigerate or cool until set and then cut into pieces.